<Off-topic> Re: Questions About WF usage in SD & Accounts Payable

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Tue Mar 18 06:50:39 EST 2003

Let me guess: this was implemented for the McDonalds drive-through
restaurant here at the Kvadrat mall outside Stavanger?
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    Michael Pokraka
                    <workflow at quirky.me.        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    uk>                         cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Re: Questions About WF usage in SD & Accounts Payable
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    18.03.2003 12:36
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

A bit of a monster WF I implemented some time back actually controlled
the entire order to invoice process involving a third-party warehouse.
In short, a customer order came in by edi, external warehouse was
instructed, they informed us which boxes were going & when it was
delivered. WF controlled automatic creation of S/Orders, deliveries,
invoices, all with batch management. Any mismatches/discrepancies would
branch out of the process and be routed for manual correction depending
on customer/error (the main reason for WF).

If all went well, the customer would have the goods and the invoice
within 2 hours of order. In case of mislabeled parts, stock
discrepancies or whatever, it might take up to a day :)

Cheers
Mike

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 09:02:07AM +0100, Wall, John MJ SEOP-OEIX/32 wrote:
> HI All.
>
> No I am not looking for a consultant.  We have workflows that use Email
HTML
> form to process Invoices/PO/Service... all from an Requisition through to
> Accounts payable but we are now looking at the Sales through to Accounts
> Receivable.  I was just wanting to know if anyone was using workflow
within
> the Sales order processing or within Delivery processing or within
Billing
> processing or with Credit memo requests or within credit management or
> within Account payable.
>
> I don't want to know the technical in-depth side but just an over view of
> what people are trying to achieve using workflow within the Order to Cash
> side of SAP.
>
> Regards
> Michael John Wall

this message.