Potential problems with event log?

Van der Burg, Jeroen JA SITI-ITPSEE jeroen.vanderburg at shell.com
Mon Mar 17 10:33:43 EST 2003

Tony,

Experienced a similar issue when we did not have enough background =
processes free on the system which runs the workflow stuff. In our case =
we had overcautious basis people running monitoring programs which =
reserved background processes completly.

Result is that workflow rfc's can't run anymore as there is no space =
available and, after they are stored for too long while there is no room =
for them to run, time out with a 'system busy'. Really nasty as =
workflows tend to get stuck in mid process without error status.

You can monitor this by looking at transaction SM50 but of course the =
system load changes constantly. If your system does not seem heavily =
loaded now check the job log for monitoring jobs run during the period =
where you experienced issues.

Solutions are normally to define more background processes for the =
system to use, schedule less monitoring programs or make sure the other =
background progams are not all scheduled at the same time leaving a bit =
of space for other users of the system.

Hope this helps,

Jeroen