Different text for inbox and log?

Zmudzin,Tomasz,VEVEY,GL-IS/IT Tomasz.Zmudzin at nestle.com
Fri Mar 14 00:00:44 EST 2003

Michael,

there's a trick which will not always be applicable - and sometimes it's
plain annoying, but this may help you.

Please pass the text as a virtual attribute of your business object. Make it
depend on whether the object was processed or not. When processing the task,
the attribute will be evaluated and provide the users with TEXT1. But --
when checking the logs of workflow the attribute will be evaluated again (!)
passing the other TEXT2 to the work item display.

This may potentially work for you, but will be definitely annoying if you
define e.g. the object status as a virtual attribute -- in all workflow
steps it will show up the CURRENT status!

Tomasz.