Different text for inbox and log?

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Thu Mar 13 10:19:26 EST 2003

Hi all,
Is it possible to have different texts appearing in the log and the
workitem display?
This has bothered me (and others I'm sure) on one or 2 occasions in the
past, but I now have a particularly annoying exapmle to work with:

Same step, executed by various people in sequence, same text. The log
naturally shows "Check TLA 1234, CC999 from Joe Bloggs" many times over
(28 to be precise). Now the text is relevant for the person's inbox, but
for the log I'd want to see the step name as defined in the WF template
- i.e. "Marketing review", "Financial evaluation" or whatever.

I know I can change the WI text, but real estate available witin the
text is very limited and I already have enough info to cram in there.
Sending something to Marketing to tell them 'TLA for Marketing' just
seems a waste of text space.

Any ideas welcome...
Cheers
Mike