Smart form

Soady, Phil phil.soady at sap.com
Wed Mar 12 06:58:50 EST 2003

Kris,
what Jerome says is true, the outbound process from SAPConnect
will attempt to do conversions based on the output types supported
in your INT gateway node.

ie in Transaction SCOT, the node INT has "file types" associated with it.  Lets PDF and TXT as valid types.

Assuming the conversion rule table V_SXCONV
is intact with something like,
ALI     HTM     2       SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_ALI_HTM
ALI     PS      2       SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_ALI_PRT
ALI     RAW     1       SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_ALI_RAW
ICS     RAW     8       SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_ICS_RAW
INT     RAW     1       SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_INT_RAW
OBJ     HTM     2       SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_OBJ_HTM
OTF     PDF     1       SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_OTF_PDF
OTF     PS      2       SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_OTF_PRT
OTF     RAW     9       SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_OTF_RAW
RAW     SCR     9       SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_RAW_SCR
RAW     TXT     7       SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_RAW_TXT
SCR     OTF     1       SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_SCR_OTF
TXT     INT     7       SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_TXT_INT
URL     HTM     2       SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_OBJL_HTM

then it will indeed convert to PDF on the way out.

If you still want to the conversion directly try

CALL FUNCTION 'CONVERT_OTF'
     EXPORTING
          FORMAT                = 'PDF'
          ARCHIVE_INDEX         = ARCHIVE_INDEX