Using FM with CHARxx Parameters in a Method

Thad Gorbal Thaddeus.Gorbal at pb.com
Mon Mar 10 10:17:15 EST 2003

Mike,
Thanks a lot for your tip.  It has been one of the options I have been
considering.
Regards,
Thad

                      Michael Pokraka
                      <workflow at quirky.me        To:       SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      .uk>                       cc:
                      Sent by: SAP               Subject:  Re: Using FM with CHARxx Parameters in a Method
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      03/10/2003 04:34 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Hi Thad,
Find a similar (preferrably related) table field of similar size and use
that to declare your method parameter ... or am I misunderstanding
this?
Cheers
Mike

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 12:04:47PM -0500, Thad Gorbal wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> I am implementing a function module to a method under ZVBRK.
Unfortunately
> that FM has several parameters defined as TYPE  'CHARxx'   (where xx
stands
> for a number of characters).  Those parameters are for passing back
> literals, needed for my PC document creation step.
>
> When I attempt to create a method, I get an error message 'Data type
CHARxx
> cannot be used for methods'.
>
> I am not sure how to best approach it. One way would be to create a
custom
> structure with all the necessary fields, as far as length is concern.
And