External address not valid for deadline notification???

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Mar 5 16:59:22 EST 2003

Hi Mike,
I'd recommend you go with a modeled deadline for this - you don't have
to do the full process control step/processing obsolete scenario.  Just
put an event name in the modeled deadline tab of the particular deadline and
hang your send mail step off that event.  End result is much the same as
a simple deadline notification - the mail is sent but the original work item is
unaffected.

I often use this anyway rather
than use the standard simple deadline notification, as doing a separate
mail step allows me to better control the texts in the mail as well as
giving me more flexibility in choosing the mailing address.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book