Document from template

Thad Gorbal Thaddeus.Gorbal at pb.com
Tue Mar 4 18:42:52 EST 2003

Hi All:

Perhaps someone could give me a hint or two ...  I am trying to use the
'Document from template' step (in 4.6c) for creating an Xcel 2000
spreadsheet (rather a complex ones).

Sometimes I am able to establish links between document fields and workflow
container elements. Other times the link is just not listed in the 'Links'
area of the object window of the workflow builder, even though the element
name does appears in a given field.  And if that is the case such a field
is not populated during a runtime.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong
while creating that template.  The documentation on this step seems rather
vogue.

Also - can I link several document fields into one container elements  (
that seems to be tricky too)? Or - can two spreadsheets be simultaneously
supported at the same time (one template would consists of sheet1 and sheet
2)?

Your help would, as always, be very appreciated. .

Best regards,
Thad