Attachment to Workitem

Hans Brilleman Hans.Brilleman at capetown.gov.za
Tue Jun 24 04:49:45 EDT 2003

Hi Sue,

another way of doing this is instead of controlling the attchment from
a method with a function module, is to use a SAP standard task -
TS20000547.
 This task will automatically poulate the workflow container with the
office document without doing any special bindings.
 All you need to ensure is that the decision making task (where you are
rejecting the invoice, is syncronous and that the branching does not
rely on event outcomes, but rather to get the result in the method and
bind it all the way back to the workflow container. Use this result flag
to do the branching.

Furthermore you need to ensure that you link the attachment task in the
workflow just before the step that prompts the capturer (workflow
initiator) to do the change.

This way works very stable.

Hope this helps.

Hans.

>>> skeohan at mit.edu 06/23/03 05:32pm >>>
Hi folks,

I know there has been a lot of talk about attachments lately, so please
excuse me if I go over
ground that has already been covered.

I am on 4.6c.  I have a custom approval task, that when the user
rejects the object (Invoice), they
are made to enter a rejection reason. I capture this text, and in my
method, I call
SWL_WI_NOTE_CREATE_WITH_TABLE, passing in the workitem ID and the text.
 A later step in the
workflow is to go back to the initiator and allow them to display the
rejection reason in the
attachment.

Sounds OK so far ?  Here's the hitch.  Sometimes, and I cannot find a
logicial reason why, the
attachment does not come back to the initiator.  It is not in the
binding to that step.  The
attachment does exist, I can see it in the container at the
parent-level workitem, but oddly enough,
there are TWO container elements called 'attachment' and the first one
is blank.  So, if you try to
display the attachment at the parent level workitem, you get the
message 'No attachments exist'.

Other times the attachment goes along just fine.  The workflow
initiator gets to see it in their
workitem preview screen and to double-click on it to read the text.

There is nothing in OSS about this FM having problems.  It is not
returning any exceptions, as I
trap for those (also, again, the attachment is in the container for the
parent workitem).

My user is very discouraged at this point, as am I.  Any assistance
would be appreciated.

--
Susan R. Keohan
SAP Workflow Developer