Duplicate Workflows when a PO is changed.

Catherine Schumann catherine.schumann at bbc.co.uk
Mon Jun 23 06:46:50 EDT 2003

Hi Michael,

We have recently solved this issue at our site.  At first we had a check st=
ep, which looked to see whether another workflow had started in the last 30=
 seconds, with the same PO number, and if so, to terminate, but this just l=
ed to some pretty unpredictable behaviour - it would work most of the time =
but then occasionally both workflows would die.  Not good - so we have drop=
ped that check.

What I have done now is to work with the Event function module that you can=
 attach to a change doc/object/event combination in SWEC.  (needs OSS note =
576834 to get it working) Basically, I do a check in the function to see wh=
ether any of the fields that are relevant to ReleaseStepCreated (FRGXX) are=
 passed in the change documents, and if so, don't call the Changed event. (=
ReleaseStepCreated and Changed are both triggering events, so need to make =
sure that exactly one of them is called.) And, for when the PO gets created=
 and you also get 2 events, just exclude the key ekko field as well.

It has gone through some good testing and is 100% consistent now, so that i=
s what we are sticking with.  Hope that this might help your problem.

Catherine