Restarted workflow does not continue

Fred Lunaspa fredlunaspa at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 12 08:47:07 EDT 2003

Hello,

We just went life and I bumped into a problem I can't solve. We 're on 4.6C.

A workflow started and was processed until a step that in the past was
assigned to a synchroneous task without dialog (general task, responsible
agent was a role that determined the purchasing group). Recently, just
before going life, the task has changed to a background task (just set the
indicator to background task). On development all looked (and worked) OK.
But now on production when the workflow reaches this step the following
error occurs:

- WL 465 Activity 782: Responsibility 'AC9000001' is not valid agent for
task TS90000022

I checked the step definition in production and no responsible agent is
assigned to the step (not visible in the field though). The system
'remembers' something...

I did a refresh index for the agent assignment for the task (hoped that
would help) and restarted the workflow instance (using SWPR Workflow restart
after error). Now the workflow is in status 'Started' (In process), but does
not continue with the step that was in error. The technical workflow log
still displays the same error (but as I already menitioned, the workflow is
in status 'Started' ('In process')

Can someone help me out?

Regards,

Fred Kouw