Dynamic Work item text how-to

Rick Sample Rick.Sample at gbe.com
Wed Jul 30 17:22:00 EDT 2003

That was my next line of thinking.

But for now, I think I can get by with a few containers for the dynamic text strings,
be done with it, (and hit my dead lines) and go home. I didn't want to overly complicate the issue.
I am still poking SAP / WF with a stick to see what I can and can not do out of the box.
I need to keep maintenance coding in mind for new additions to our Work Flow Paradise and
keep it as standard as possible.

faffing? Must be a Brit?
faffing: To "faff" is something like to occupy yourself doing little meaningless things. Lots of useless details
to keep my mind from going south. Like looking up faffing.

Have a great day Phil and Thanks!

>>> phil.soady at sap.com 7.30.2003 2:56:41 PM >>>
Hi Rick,
since it not easy faffing around with text strings in the container or SAPScript,
why not just create a new task, with a new method of your own.

Writing a piece to of code t
to accept say 10 inputs
Source String
Fields 1, thru Field 9.
Then replace &1 in the source string with field 1 , &2 with field 2 etc.
Then do a condense to clean it up if necessary.

20 lines of code and re-usable in all your workflows.

as an idea...

Phil Soady
Senior Consultant
Business Technologies