Restarting tasks that don't exist

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Thu Jul 17 10:54:54 EDT 2003

Hi all,
Got a situation here: Taking full advantage of the whole object-oriented bit, we direct a WI to ZBUSwhatever.ZCREATEDBYUSR01.NAMEWITHLEADINGUS, which works very nicely, except when the user no longer exists.
In this case, the workflow ends in error, but with no step to correct. This means that there is no way to restart the workflow, bar recreating the user in the system.

I know we can change things and build custom virtual attributes with validation, but this seems like a lot of work to fix something which should not really require fixing, as well as getting away from the whole object-oriented philosophy.
Also, this doesn't help the existing error items (which are quite long workflows, so creating new ones will upset some people.)

Any thoughts on this?
Cheers
Mike