Authorizations for Role Resolution

Griffiths, Mark mark.griffiths at sap.com
Thu Jul 3 06:29:54 EDT 2003

Sue,

You have found a little known workflow 'feature' I discovered last year:

Role resolution for the subsequent step (and interestingly any conditions in the workflow) are all carried out using the userid of the previous user.  So, user 1 must have all the authorisations required to find user2.

SU53 should tell you which authorisations have failed.

If you can't add the authorisations to your users then the only way around this is to insert a background step which does nothing in between your two dialog steps to switch the user evaluating the role to WF-BATCH.

Cheers,

Mark