Invoice approval agent is non-SAP user

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Fri Jan 31 06:01:21 EST 2003

Hi,
I wouldn't be too concerned about the 'generic' user posting documents -
after all, WF-BATCH does pretty much everything users are not authorized
to do, which can be a security feature or hole depending on how you
implement it.
I can't speak for SAP on licensing issues, but I would check that out. I
believe there are 'occasional users'-type licenses available.

Other than that, the only other thing I can think of is that you need to
be very careful on security and audit considerations. e.g. a pure
SAP WF will show someone approved it, followed by WF-BATCH releasing it.
Now that you're talking to the 'outside world' you will have two areas
of security to consider - what if recipient forwards his mail to his/her
secretary? Where are your controls on what she can now approve, think
substitution strategies, upgrade considerations etc.
It can be a good solution, just needs careful planning.

Just my 0.02<insert local currency here>
Cheers
Mike