Invoice Query Handling with EBP users

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Jan 29 02:48:02 EST 2003

Hi Mark,
EBP has workflows already for incoming invoices (incoming to EBP first of course).
However as part of that it needs to identify the original shopping cart owner
(i.e. the EBP user) based on the purchase order/item being invoiced.   So have
a look at those workflows. Shame your invoices aren't coming in through EBP as
then the workflows are already there - you might want to check if that option has
been considered.

Also there is a business object BUS4101 representing an EBP user that includes
some BADIs.  I've used this before now from R/3 to go and fetch the email address
of the EBP user so that I can send them a mail. Simple email contact is at least
a starting point.  I'd suggest at the very least including a static hyperlink in
the mail to take them to their EBP login web page to encourage them to act.

BTW there are workflows for confirmations incoming to EBP so you might want to check
them out also - e.g. you might be able to simulate a confirmation being entered sent
to EBP and have the EBP user approve it.

If not all purchase order/items are created via EBP then you will need a default
agent for the rest. Again the standard EBP invoice workflows have some suggestions
here.

Can't help with the scanned document image.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book