Invoice Query Handling with EBP users

Pyc, Mark Mark.Pyc at amersham.com
Tue Jan 28 12:37:33 EST 2003

G'day all,

Thanks for the feedback on the last one. Jocelyn was on the money
(literally) with the missing default currency on the start condition.

Has anybody dealt with the scenario of handing backend inbound Logistics
invoice queries (blocked for Qty/Price, Parked due to no Receipt) and having
to communicate with EBP users to clarify issues. The major scenario of
concern to the customer is when a service is purchased through EBP and no
confirmation is entered, so that when the Invoice arrives it has to be
parked pending Service Receipt. In such cases there is a requirement to
determine the appropriate EBP user and have them complete the confirmation
or deny the validity of the invoice.

I have concerns about being able to identify the EBPs in all cases. I also
question the pros and cons of simple email contact versus starting an EBP
workflow to actually elicit a response (post confirmation/deny invoice).

I can't imagine it's that unusual a request with EBP, so I'm hoping someone
will have some golden advice.

Also, there is a potentially a need to display the scanned image of the
invoice to the EBP user. Has anyone dealt with passing URL (or otherwise)
links of scanned images to EBP or other non-SAP users????

Thanks in advance,
Mark