User Decision - Action to Take

Breslavets, Sergey Sergey.Breslavets at anheuser-busch.com
Tue Jan 28 11:28:48 EST 2003

Hi Namit,

if you're on 46, here's what you can do:

in the user-decision step use secondary method (after) to check the value of the
'_RETURN' container element.
If user selected "Cancel and Keep workitem in Inbox", then the '_RETURN' element
won't be available in the container, otherwise it will contain the id of the
option that user has selected (i.e. '0001', '0002', etc.)

here's the sample code for the secondary method:
DATA:
      BEGIN OF WI_RETURN OCCURS 10,
        WI_RETURN LIKE SWCONT-VALUE,
      END OF WI_RETURN.

SWC_GET_ELEMENT CONTAINER   '_RESULT'  WI_RETURN.

IF SY-SUBRC NE 0.

*** -- User selected 'CANCEL AND KEEP WORKITEM IN THE INBOX'
*** -- here you can code your logic to process the exception

ELSE.

*** -- '_RETURN' contains the id of the option that user has selected
*** -- here you can code your logic to process the result

ENDIF.

Let me know if you have questions.

Sergey