Event queue delivers duplicate events!

Ralph Jensen ralph.jensen at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 10 11:03:16 EST 2003

Michael,

I am noticing the same on my project.  We're developing in Enterprise and
during some of my testing, I've noticed the same occurrence and haven't
been able to trace it yet.  I've had to modify some of my FM's to suppress
the duplicate entries.

Ralph Jensen
IBM Business Consulting Services
Government Services Industry

                      Michael Pokraka
                      <workflow at quirky.me        To:       SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      .uk>                       cc:
                      Sent by: SAP               Subject:  Event queue delivers duplicate events!
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      01/10/2003 05:59 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Hi all,
This is yet another occasion where the event queue is proving a bit less
than reliable. Occasionally the SWEQSRV job falls over, it gets rescheduled
and
redelivers events it has already delivered.
This results in duplicate workflows - some of them rather critical NOT
to run twice - and a lot of upset people and little or no trace of why it
fell over.
Has anyone had any similar experiences? I can give more detail, but that
will be a slightly longish mail - I'd thus prefer to respond to specific
questions.

Also, SWEQADM schedules it as job class C - lowest priority. This has
often caused us problemd (delay of 10min or more - resulting in more
events than the queue can deliver). Does anyone else up the priority of
SWEQSRV?

Any input appreciated,
Cheers
Mike