Background Log.Inv.Verifiication

Pyc, Mark Mark.Pyc at amersham.com
Fri Jan 10 08:56:49 EST 2003

Many thanks to Michael and Namit for responses to my last question!

Next query:
Has anyone set up WF around the area of Background LIV?

To me it seems less than straighforward. My current client wishes to use WF
to route Invoices upon Price/Qty difference or when there is a missing
Good/Service Receipt. With foreground LIV there are readily available events
for Price/Qty differences and missing receipts will cause the invoice to be
parked, however this is not the case in the background. Background
processing seems to simply post or not (held document) depending on a match
within tolerance of the PO. Any sensible routing would require fairly
detailed bespoke coding to assess the invoice which seems to me to be
reinventing the wheel.

I'd be very grateful for any experience within this area or even responses
that it may not be the way to go.

Many thanks,
Mark