Event queue delivers duplicate events!

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Fri Jan 10 05:59:46 EST 2003

Hi all,
This is yet another occasion where the event queue is proving a bit less
than reliable. Occasionally the SWEQSRV job falls over, it gets rescheduled and
redelivers events it has already delivered.
This results in duplicate workflows - some of them rather critical NOT
to run twice - and a lot of upset people and little or no trace of why it
fell over.
Has anyone had any similar experiences? I can give more detail, but that
will be a slightly longish mail - I'd thus prefer to respond to specific
questions.

Also, SWEQADM schedules it as job class C - lowest priority. This has
often caused us problemd (delay of 10min or more - resulting in more
events than the queue can deliver). Does anyone else up the priority of
SWEQSRV?

Any input appreciated,
Cheers
Mike