Working with SAPForms using MS Word

Arvindh A R arvindh72 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 12:51:44 EST 2003

Hi,

I have a requirement like this: A Personnel Change
Request form which is created in MS Word is filled in
and it goes for approval thro' SAP Workflow. Could you
please help me with the steps to implement this?

I've come across a couple of issues:
1. In SAPforms Designer, What should I select in SAP
Form Plug-in for MS Word? Actually I selected SAPForms
form Plug-in Generic and When I want to open the MS
Word document in Forms Designer, I could not open it
because it has default file type as .txt. So, What
should I do?
2. When I try to have the submit contol button in the
word document and connect to Designer, I get a error
message "Active X component can't create object. Run
time error 429". What am I missing?

3. In the start button, I have Designer and Trace, but
could not see Helper. Is this a problem?

Please give me some idea of how/where to start this.

Thanks for your help.
Arvindh