Method to do mass maintenance of "Automatic Forwarding Email Address" in SAP Office Settings

Kimball, Schuyler schuyler.kimball at sap.com
Mon Jan 6 13:12:00 EST 2003

Hi Namit,
The automatic forwarding address is stored in the email address of the user (by the way, I'm assuming that you want to forward to an Internet address).

If you are on at least version 4.5A, you will have the SAP business object USER available to you.

If you want to call the BAPI (whether from ABAP or another language), the USER.Change method shows you how to call BAPI_USER_CHANGE to modify the data you want (in the E_MAIL field of the ADDRESS import parameter).

Alternatively you can call the USER.Change method of the business object directly from your ABAP (hidden assumption: you're writing this in ABAP) if you prefer not to code the call to the BAPI.

Either of these methods is greatly preferable to modifying the contents of an SAP table directly.

Sky Kimball
Senior Technical Consultant
Professional Services Organization
SAP America, Inc.