deletion of users with work items

Kouw, FA - SPLTC fa.kouw at td.klm.com
Fri Jan 3 04:39:10 EST 2003

Hello Lauri,

First of all: using positions enables you to move people through the organization without the need to change your process definitions, if possible you should use this. But if you can't, maybe the next info will help you out (we are on 4.6C).

You can use transaction SWI2_ADM1 to find workitems without agents. This way you can find out if the workitems you are referring to really have no agent assigned in case the userID has been deleted from the system. It can also be that the workitem is still assigned to the user (in that case the workitem could also be reserved). The transaction offers somne functionality to deal with workitems without an agent (I do not have much experince with this).

It is possible to execute workitems without an agent check (if you have the right authorizations): use transaction SWIA for this. But if you don't want the administrator to execute the workitems, then you want to assign the workitems to the right people: if the workitems you refer to are assigned to the user who's userID has been deleted you can find these workitems using transaction SWI5 (Workload analysis). From this transaction it is possible to display a list with all workitems assigned to a user, and after
selecting a workitem you have the option to forward it to another user.

Hope this helps a bit, if not let me know what is exactly the problem.

Greetings,

Fred Kouw

Ps. I'm not sure, but I think that for workitems for which a user is directly assigned in the workflow step definition, it is not possible to replace this user by changing the user assignment in the workflow step definition. Maybe you can find this out.

Lauri Eskola wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I tried looking into archives for help, but couldn't find a satisfying answer.
>
> We are implementing a rather large approval workflow and have come across one problem: what happens to work items a user has for approval, if he/ she leaves a company and userID is deleted from the system, i.e. what happens to work items without agents and how to get them back on track? Is the only alternative to avoid this problem to forward work items before deleting the user fromt the system. I saw that someone had suggested using positions for this purpose, but I am afraid this is not a solution for us either.
>
> Thanks for advice!
>
> Cheers, Lauri
>
> _________________________________________________________________________________________
> This inbound message from KPN has been checked for all known viruses by KPN IV-Scan, powered by MessageLabs.
> For further information visit: http://www.veiliginternet.nl
> _____________________________________________________________________________________________

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged
material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you
are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed,
copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received
this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail,
and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its
subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible
for any delay in receipt.