ESS workflow

John A Haworth jhoworth at csc.com
Tue Feb 25 06:34:14 EST 2003

Hi all

I need to modify a working workflow that when a user saves an expenses
claim, a pop-up window is to appears with the approver's name, allowing the
user to change.  ESS has not been installed yet,
I have two questions
When ESS is installed will this pop-up still appear to the users or do I
have to make any modifications for this to work the same in an ESS
environment.?
also
The current workflow is triggered by the expense claim save. For the
pop-up, i have the user exit I need, but this pop-up is going to happen
before my workflow is triggered so the approval agent is not yet known, how
should i change things so that the approval agent is known for the pop-up,
i.e. should I trigger the workflow from an event coded within the user exit
and then the changes from the pop-up can be re-input to the container?

Thanks

John