Sap Mapi and EBP/SRM

Angelo Besenzoni Angelo_Besenzoni/sapconsulting/it%SAPCONSULTING at sap-consulting.it
Thu Feb 20 03:09:53 EST 2003

Thanks Jocelyn

As usual,  you explain very well all things.

Regards.
Angelo

                    "Dart,
                    Jocelyn"             To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    <jocelyn.dart@       cc:     (bcc: Angelo Besenzoni/sapconsulting/it)
                    sap.com>             Subject:     Re: Sap Mapi and  EBP/SRM

                    20/02/2003
                    00.37
                    Please respond
                    to SAP
                    Workflow
                    Users' Group

Hi Angelo,
No don't use SAPMAPI with EBP/SRM. You need access to the web browser
not the SAPGUI - many EBP/SRM transactions are true web services and won't
work through the GUI.

Better to use program RSWUWFMLEC - the EBP/SRM variation of email
notification
of work items (i.e. RSWUWFML).  It can be used to send out individual
work items with a hyperlink to execute that work item.  It can also be used
to execute shopping cart approvals offline by return email.  Or you can use
it in collective mail fashion with a hyperlink to the EBP/SRM screen. Read
up
on this - it uses the email address stored in EBP/SRM, not SO36.

If you want a true multi-system inbox, then Enterprise Portal with
Universal
Worklist Iview is the SAP standard offering.  R/3 and EBP/SRM workflows
will
both work there.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart