Problems with Migration from 4.0b to 4.6c

Edwin Mukusha emukusha at nebraska.edu
Tue Feb 11 12:28:05 EST 2003

We are also migrating though from 4.5b to 4.6C.  Anyway we were lucky
enough to have a development testing environment on 4.6c.  So for the 3
months we have been testing and fixing any specific problems that we have
come across.  Problems ranging from; lost fork names, to BDCs in methods
have been encountered.  We are lucky once again in that most of our
problems were pretty simple to fix.

The problems that you describe will need deeper investigation, since the
world of workflow is really open to different implementations. Your issues
could range from simple to more challenging issues depending on how much of
your implementation actually touches the problem issues. I guess this
notion is best described in SAP's OSS Note 152871 :

"Although every effort has been made by workflow development to help
a release upgrade go through as smoothly as possible, it is
impossible to know in advance how much ingenuity consultants have
used to enhance the standard workflow functionality. If you are
aware of upgrade issues not described in this note, we would be very
grateful if you could send details to bpt at sap.com."

In other words there is no simple procedure or fix you can do after an
upgrade to rectify everything.

If you have not already done so try looking up the following OSS Notes and
related ones below them:
152871    Release Upgrade considerations for workflow
215753    Upgrade to 4.6: old workflows hang

Good luck!

Edwin Mukusha
Administrative Systems Group
University of Nebraska
Phone: (402) 472-7756     Fax: (402) 472-7390
Email: emukusha at nebraska.edu

                      Eduardo Arzola
                      <earzola at axtel.com.        To:       SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      mx>                        cc:
                      Sent by: SAP               Subject:  Problems with Migration from 4.0b to 4.6c
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      02/11/2003 09:14 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

We are migrating release from 4.0b to 4.6c and some of our workflows don't
work properly, in fact, some of them are stoped in the midle of the way.

Is there some tables should verify?

Is there some procedure to execute after migration??

Any Hint would be very appreciated