sending external email to outlook from within workflow

Richard V Marut rvmarut at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 5 10:14:16 EST 2003

John,

I primarily use object SELFITEM, method SendTaskDescription to send mail
externally with a binding for Address Strings with the e-mail address
and Recipient type with a 'U'. Prior to this, I have a step with my own
method that I've created that derives the address. Places where the
address can be stored are 1) HR infotype 105, 2) user master and 3)
custom table.

I can't give you any feedback on SAPConnect because the Basis team has
always configured this to process the outgoing mail. It normally has a
delay in sending the mail. I believe the default is 10 or 20 minutes. I
use transaction SCOT to push the mail immeadiately.

I'm not at the office at this moment. I can send more info about the
infotype and the user master when I get there.

Richard Marut
The Consulting Highway, Inc