Invoice approval agent is non-SAP user

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Feb 4 18:25:43 EST 2003

Hi Nate,
Re the licensing issues - even if you use a generic user the number of actual
users, i.e. people, using the system must be licensed.  There are special
license arrangements around using generic users in this way.

However, there are also special licenses around having SAP users who never
directly access the system.

Be careful of licensing - what is technically possible is not always legally
defensible, so get advice from your account manager at SAP.

I would always recommend using real SAP user ids because you can then utilise
the security, audit trail, agent determination, etc. mechanisms available in
SAP standard.  Whether the users actually ever touch an SAP screen directly
is a separate question.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)