Lotus Notes and SAP Workflow: Interface Problems

christophe.dargembeau@dieteren.be christophe.dargembeau at dieteren.be
Mon Aug 25 06:13:06 EDT 2003

Hi everyone,

I have some problems with the installation of SAP Business Workflow with
Lotus Notes.  Our worksations are in Windows 2000.

We work with SAP 4.6c, SAPGui 4.6D and Lotus Notes 5.0 . The installation
of the SAPGui is a full installation (all options are taken) !!!! We use
the latest DLL for Lotus Notes/SAP Workflow. We have also a Lotus Domino
connector for mail.

The operation to retreive workitems from SAP to Lotus Notes Inbox works
properly.

Our problems are:

1. We must put our users as Local Administrator in Windows 2000 to use the
functionalities of "EDIT with SAPGui" or "DISPLAY with SAPGui". We receive
a message after 3 minutes --> "connection failed" but nothingelse !!!!

2. We have also some problem with user with a '-' in their firstname like
"Pierre-Paul".  The error message is "For your user no valid user was
found" but a valid user profile is created (same as other users). A with
this type of user, I can retreive workitems from SAP to Lotus Notes.

I searched informations in OSS but nothing explained this type of error or
something linked to this type of error.

Is there any other customer who has done a similar setup ?

Thanks for your collaboration,

Kindest Regards,

Christophe d'Argembeau
Senior SAP Consultant