Question regarding a security role assigned to position

Rick Sample Rick.Sample at gbe.com
Thu Aug 21 17:58:19 EDT 2003

4.6c.
We have a Security role for hiring managers assigned to the managers positions.

One issue came up when we created this role and made a General Task.
I have a role res FM for the task that looks at the HRP1001 table to see if
the user is a manager. It works and is happy so it does not error the WF if found.

But, if the user is a manager in HRP1001, but has not been assigned the security role for
the position, it fails to route to him but EVERY user in the security role for the position.
Not what we want!

How / where to I look to check if the user has this Security role assigned to his position?

Thanks!