AW: Authorizations to Transactions only through workflow ?

Flaig Matthias M.Flaig at ProMinent.de
Tue Aug 5 09:42:49 EDT 2003

Hi Susan,

it may be that the solution is quite easy:
Lets have a look at BUS2081 (Incomming Invoice), especially method =
display (which calls MIR4):

begin_method display changing container.
SET PARAMETER ID 'RBN' FIELD object-key-invoicedocnumber.
SET PARAMETER ID 'GJR' FIELD object-key-fiscalyear.
CALL TRANSACTION 'MIR4' AND SKIP FIRST SCREEN.
end_method.

The point is, that the ABAP statement call transaction(*) does not =
perform an authority check on object S_TCODE, you always have to program =
an authority check manually when using call transaction(**).=20

So it may work just to give the user all authorizations needed for MIR4 =
except the one for S_TCODE. Then try to execute IncommingInvoice.display =
from within a workflow and it should work, but the user will not bee =
able to enter MIR4 manually.

regards,
Matthias

(*)  the behavior was changed between different R/3 releases...
(**) some transaction do a check on s_tcode themselves wihtinn theri =
code, but i couldn't find it in MIR4

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen

Matthias Flaig
TIO