Authorizations to Transactions only through workflow ?

Kouw, FA - SPLTX fa.kouw at td.klm.com
Mon Aug 4 11:37:59 EDT 2003

Hi Susan,

Just an idea which may or may not be helpfull: isn't is possible to create a variant transaction with a name
generated by SAP and include that transaction in a method.

The access to MIR4 can then be taken away from the user. The only way a user knows about the transaction started
is through the 'System - status' option.

Regards,

Fred Kouw

"Susan R. Keohan" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Now please don't laugh.
>
> I have a requirement to deliver MIR4 (Display Invoice) through workflow (no problem) but to prevent
> access to the same transaction through the GUI.  MIR4 is very nice in that it doesn't give the users
> the ability to switch to another invoice or anything harmful.  The business process people are
> worried that some intrepid user will access MIR4 through the transaction box and go hunting for
> invoices that they should not see.
>
> So, is there a way to prevent the users from entering MIR4 through any means except through their
> workflow tasks ?   I'm thinking that the only way to simulate this is to code a method that displays
> everything MIR4 does(lots of coding!), and take away the MIR4 transactional authorizations, but am
> hoping there are brighter minds out there than mine.
>
> Thanks!
> Sue
> --
> Susan R. Keohan
> SAP Workflow Developer
> MIT Lincoln Laboratory
> 244 Wood Street
> LI-200
> Lexington, MA. 02420
> 781-981-3561
> skeohan at mit.edu
>
> _________________________________________________________________________________________
> This inbound message from KPN has been checked for all known viruses by KPN IV-Scan, powered by MessageLabs.
> For further information visit: http://www.veiliginternet.nl
> _____________________________________________________________________________________________

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged
material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you
are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed,
copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received
this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail,
and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its
subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible
for any delay in receipt.