Guideliness for creating task groups

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Mon Aug 4 10:56:31 EDT 2003

Hi Fred,
That depends on the length of a piece of string... I'd agree with your theory of creating a TG for all tasks of a WF if this is something you want to report on. This would be applicable where the WF contains multiple dialog steps and you may be interested in step a vs step b.
On the other hand, you may group tasks into TG's if the business wants to seperate MM from SD workflows and so on... You've just about answered your own question - it depends on the reporting requirements. Personally I find the TG per all objects relating to a top-level workflow concept useful, but find that with multiple developers and multiple projects the upkeep can be as daunting as keeping documentation up to date :-)
Cheers
Mike