Authorizations to Transactions only through workflow ?

Susan R. Keohan skeohan at mit.edu
Mon Aug 4 08:09:49 EDT 2003

Hi all,

Now please don't laugh.

I have a requirement to deliver MIR4 (Display Invoice) through workflow (no problem) but to prevent
access to the same transaction through the GUI.  MIR4 is very nice in that it doesn't give the users
the ability to switch to another invoice or anything harmful.  The business process people are
worried that some intrepid user will access MIR4 through the transaction box and go hunting for
invoices that they should not see.

So, is there a way to prevent the users from entering MIR4 through any means except through their
workflow tasks ?   I'm thinking that the only way to simulate this is to code a method that displays
everything MIR4 does(lots of coding!), and take away the MIR4 transactional authorizations, but am
hoping there are brighter minds out there than mine.

Thanks!
Sue
--
Susan R. Keohan