EDI Invoices and Archiving attachments

Richard Marut rvmarut at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 25 07:27:00 EDT 2003

Lola,

We did early archiving via a scan client software that was provided by
IXOS that scans the document and stores it on a content server. From
there we have a custom transaction that uses function module
ARCHIV_CONNECTDEFINITION_GET to get the archive id and then
ARCHIVOBJECT_CREATE_DIALOG to get the archived document number(s). The
document number is then stored on a custom table that is reference
throughout a Workflow that eventually late archives the document.

Prior to all this, you need to configure via transactions OAC2, OAC3,
SOA0, OACA, OAWS, OAG1 and OAD5. When you get to OAD5, it will appear
that you've already done the work but this wizard updates a certain
field on one of the TOA... tables that the other transactions don't do.

We've had a few problems with the scanning software which was dependent
on the Windows OS version in combination with the amount of memory the
PC had.

I've been told that the desktop scanning software provided with Windows
works but none of us have had the time to investigate.

I hope this helps.

Richard...