Deadline Monitoring in Multistep Task

Ramki Maley RAMAKRISHNA.MALEY at CUSTOMS.TREAS.GOV
Thu Apr 24 11:41:20 EDT 2003

R/3 Release 6.20

In a custom workflow, I assigned a multistep task (WF template with no
trigger) to an activity. The multistep task has an activity with deadline
monitoring. I get two deadline messages every time the deadline is exceeded
- one for the actual work item (in the multistep task) and one for the
multistep activity though the multistep activity itself does not have any
agent assignment. Is this normal?

I also tried by activating the deadline monitoring on the multistep
activity but the deadline monitoring does not get triggered. The work item
attributes display shows that deadline monitoring is not active.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Ramki.