Is there a limit on Workflow container size and the number of parallel work items in a workflow

Ramki Maley RAMAKRISHNA.MALEY at CUSTOMS.TREAS.GOV
Mon Apr 14 14:06:07 EDT 2003

We are on R/3 Enterprise 6.20.

We are developing a custom workflow for processing invoices blocked for
quantity,  which requires sending a work item for each invoice line item
that has a quantity mismatch. I am using the dynamic parallel processing
option using a multiline container element. This option has a limitation of
99 lines for the multiline element which means it generates 99 work items
in parallel. I populate the multiline element with a background task with
the required information (PO, PO Line, etc.) first.

I am looking for answers for the following:

1) Is there is a limit on the size of WF container so that I can decide on
the size of my multiline element.

2) Is there a limit on the number of parallel work items in a workflow so
that I can include processing in my workflow for situations in which the
invoice may have more than 99 items blocked for quantity (the business
assures me it is not the case).

Regards,
Ramki Maley