Leading position in org structure

Nat 4 Govender ngovender4 at toyota.co.za
Thu Apr 10 01:15:06 EDT 2003

Hi Nicholas,

Can you please inform me as what relation is B 012 because I can find a A
012 (Manages...) but no B 012 on our system?

                      Nicholas Brand
                      <nicholas.n.brand at u        To:       SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      k.ibm.com>                 cc:
                      Sent by: SAP               Subject:  Re: Leading position in org structure
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      04/09/2003 02:52 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Jeroen,

Thanks for the quick reply.
Debugging the FM I found that table HRP1001 is being queried against the
manager's org unit. Several lines are returned including 3 with the B 012
(is managed by...) relationship.

One of the B 012 records is for the position of the correct manager.
The other 2 B 012 records are for positions of managers that manage
different org units on the same level as the correct manager.

Given that the org structure was only created using PPOM transaction and
looks correct when viewed using PPOM - i.e. there is only one head of
department of the org unit, any clues as to how these rogue relationships
might have been created?
And the obvious next question: what is the easiest way to remove them
safely.

The workflow is currently saying that the personnel number has more than
one manager.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Nicholas Brand
SAP Workflow and process automation consultant
IBM Business Consulting Services
+44 (0) 207 968 7044 (direct)
+44 (0) 7730 733885 (mobile)

                      "Van der Burg,
                      Jeroen JA                  To:
SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      SITI-ITPSEE"               cc:
                      <jeroen.vanderburg@        Subject:  Re: Leading
position in org structure
                      shell.com>
                      Sent by: SAP
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      08/04/2003 13:36
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Hi Nicholas,

The function module should only return the manager of the org unit as
identified by the 012 relationship between the manager's postion and the
org unit objects.

Just debug the FM as this will show you were the problem is. I expect that
you either have multiple 012 relationships for the org unit or multiple
holder relationships (008) for the manager's position.

Regards,

Jeroen