Ideas for simplification /was: RE: Single text for multiple tasks ?/

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Tue Apr 8 08:50:23 EDT 2003

I've been back and forth on the 20 tasks bit for some time (just counted, it's 34 to be exact); Investigated many alternatives from generic subflows to dynamic task assignments... but it all gets too muddled.
The crux of the whole flow is that many people contribute info to a custom transaction, or they add their approval. The dependencies are fairly intricate, thus requiring a flow with nearly every step in a particular place/sequence. Additionally, reports are required by step, thus I'm duplicating everything onto it's own task.

Cheers
Mike