Std Roles

Spoolder Allan Allan.Spoolder at mch30.sbs.de
Fri Sep 27 04:15:50 EDT 2002

HI Diane

I setup some QM workflows 2 weeks ago, and had to maintain a few customizing
settings in the IMG.
What I did was setup a responsibility role based on Plant.
You have to configure this in the IMG....Quality Mangement/Quality
Notifications/Notification Creation/Define Parter Determination Proc.
Run through each of the options to see if everything is setup correctly.

1) Define Partner Determination Proc.
   Add the Position as a function in determination procedures for each
Notification Type.

2) Assign Partner Determination Procedures to Notific Types.

3) Assign Partner Functions to Notif. Types

   Double click your Notif. Type and you can change the Partner Functions
for Notif. Processing.
   Assign Person Responsible to Position. If step 1 is incomplete, you will
not be able to assign Position!!!!

   Along with Person Responsible, you can define a responsibility role,
which I mentioned above.

   Basically, when you click the Determine Partner in the Notification
Creation screen, this role is run.

The above setting apply to responsible person for the entire notification

Along with these Partner determination procedures, I am using role 172 in
the QM workflow to handle the repons. person for the notification.

For tasks:

In step 3, there is a setting for Task Processor. This is defaulted to
Respons. Per, but this can be changed in the notification task screen in the
drop down. In my experience, if I change it to position when I create a
task, and using role 174, there is no problem in resolving an agent.

Have you setup your org structure correctly?

Hth
Allan