purchase req approval alternatives

John & Zara Soden soden at picknowl.com.au
Wed Sep 25 20:02:51 EDT 2002

hi all,

we are in the process of reviewing our purchase requisition workflow, =
currently we use the standard workflow template 38, we have all our =
security approval roles as possible agents for the approval task, and an =
auth check is executed in the wf role UE to determine which security =
role(s) the approval should go to (ie which roles contain the release =
group / codes) - this has turned out to be maintenance intensive and we =
are now toying with the idea of changing the approval process to look up =
the org structure for the superior with the appropriate approval limits =
(as we maintain an org structure in HR).=20

I am after any tips / traps from those of you that may have done =
similar...

thanks in advance - john