Binding errors for PCR Workflow

Carl Harrison carl.m.harrison at us.pwcglobal.com
Wed Sep 4 15:27:54 EDT 2002

Hello all,

I am trying to test the standard SAP delivered PCR Workflow template
WS5000041 (Process_PCR1).  It is a one-step approval workflow for Personnel
Change Requests from MSS.  Once this workflow is started, it calls
subworkflow WS5000033 (Approve ECR).

I fill in the input data (mainly the notification ID...the role id 50000133
and display mode of CHANGE are already populated as initial values), and
while debugging the container I get the following errors:

Debug Functions for Container Content                                 1

 Name                            Type Value

 APPROVER1_ROLEID       N008 50000133
 DISPLAYMODE                     C010 CHANGE
 NOTIFICATION                      o090 MD1CLNT100BUS7051   000001000023
 _WF_INITIATOR                   C014 USCHARRISO
 _WORKITEM                          o090 MD1CLNT100FLOWITEM  000000144019

Error messages
I051(W8)   1 errors occurred in binding assignment to APPROVER1_ROLEID
I159(W8)   Element APPROVER1_ROLEID will not be overwritten
I051(W8)   1 errors occurred in binding assignment to DISPLAYMODE
I159(W8)   Element DISPLAYMODE will not be overwritten

APPROVER1_ROLEID        <=== 50000133
DISPLAYMODE                      <=== CHANGE

If I start the SUBworkflow WS5000033 from the test environment and populate
the input data with the same values as above...it works fine.  For some
reason, the binding between the two isn't working.

Has anyone worked with PCR workflows enough to tell me what is wrong with
the binding here?

Thanks,

Carl
computer.