when to start implementing workflow ?

Ronen Fox Ronen.Fox at ness.com
Mon Sep 2 01:23:22 EDT 2002

Dear workflow experts,

One of our clients, a very large manufacturing enterprise, is beginning to
prepare the implementation of mysap.com.
It would be a large project, and they are also interested in workflow,
although they have a fear that workflow is complex to implement.

The question I would like to ask this group on their behalf is what
recommendations you may have as to the phase of the ERP project that
workflow should be introduced ? right from the beginning of the conceptual
design ? after going live and letting the processes become more mature ?
I guess there is more that one answer, and I would really appreciate getting
various answers to this question that represent different methodologies.

Thank you all in advance for your kind help.
Best regards,
Ronen Fox
Workflow product manager
Ness Technologies