Dialog Workitem with many agents

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Mon Oct 28 01:41:57 EST 2002

Changing people's behavior is more expensive than a SAP implementation. One
technical solution is to model in deadline handling.

Add a step just before the one that gets stuck. Let the step be foreground
(but not dialog) and calculate a deadline which is stored in the workflow
container. Proceed with dialog to the actual step and use the deadline as a
latest end deadline. If the deadline is missed - make the active WI
obsolete and loop back to the deadline-calculation step.

There is a presentation (has been referenced here several times - look in
the archive if you haven't got it already) which outlines a deadline
business object type if you want to make a good solution. If you have your
own BO already you can create a method there, but it is less elegang and
generic IMHO. I've done the latter myself....
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    "Phillips, Tim"
                    <Tim.Phillips at ser.co        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    m>                          cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Re: Dialog Workitem with many agents
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    25.10.2002 15:48
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Hi Angelo,

SAP is meant to work that way.

The normal way around it is to remind the agents to 'replace' the workitem
if they do not plan, or are unable, to complete its execution.

Regards,

Tim