Processing a Web-Form without Web-Workplace?

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Oct 24 21:52:47 EDT 2002

Hi Robert,
It is not enough to just generate the web transaction.
The generated web transaction provides the functionality you
need to EXECUTE the work item.  The display doesn't matter because
the user is not intended to see that screen directly.

Once you have generated the web transaction you
also need to create the appropriate ITS HTML templates.
The HTML templates is where you adjust the layout and
also put in the relevant targets depending on what inbox
you are using. You can also do things like turn values into
checkbox/radiobutton/dropdownlist options.

It's best to look at an existing example to get an idea
of what needs to be done in the template.
If you look for other FORM.HTMLPROCESS tasks you should
be able to follow it through.

The web transaction is used whether you go first to the
inbox or call the work item directly via the web.
(EBP for instance has an option to provide the work item
number in the hyperlink of the email notification and then
log on - If you are interested in this you can see some of this
in the book).

So putting the hyperlink in your email notification is not
really going to solve the problem over all - it just temporarily
avoids the linking to a web inbox.

You can also write your own web transaction using
SAP_WAPI*s to manipulate the work item and then you have
complete control over layout and function but of course
you would still need to provide targets to link it back to your
web inbox.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)