Release Strategies for Purchase Reqs

Stiles, Les Les.Stiles at icn.siemens.com
Tue Oct 22 08:07:30 EDT 2002

While there is list interest re: Purchase Requisitions, I would like to
solicit some information on a key component of WS00000038, the Release
Strategy. Our company uses these without Workflow (user "pull" rather than
"WF push") and only for one account assignment type. Presently there are
1200-1500 Release Strategies.

Present Strategies use item value, account and cost center for approval
determination (Rel. Strategy). Finance will not allow use of cost centers
for Requisitions of account assignments where the CC is not financially
involved, such as WBS projects. Thus all of these types of PRs are now paper
until approved. What an opportunity for Workflow. However some groundwork is
required and this is where I need help.

I am looking for a methodology to select 1 of approx. 1500 Strategies and
then use WS00000038. I had thought of using the PR creator as a
Characteristic but that would mean that all relevant user ID(s) would be
need to be added to each Strategy thus creating a maintenance nightmare.

Is there a way to narrow the Strategy possibilities without using Cost
Center and use WS00000038 or do I need to pursue a custom WF where I can use
the user's Org Structure Position to determine the signoff hierarchy?

Thanks for allowing the rambling,

Les Stiles
Systems Analyst, QM & WF
Siemens ICN