SAP MAPI

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Tue Oct 22 01:58:49 EDT 2002

That is the solution we went away from.  Now we can either send one mes=
sage
per user or one per work item, and our scheduled jobs all send one per
user.
RSWUWFML has been studied (taking ideas is not illegal, only implementa=
tion
:-)

We used to send one message per work item (in our own report). The
disadvantage of that was that mailboxes were filled up. (On our offshor=
oil platforms people work 12 hours a day for two weeks then have the ne=
xt
weeks off - they could have dozens of irrelevant WI messages when they =
got
back.) We had a script which checked the status of the corresponding WI=
and deleted the messages for non-valid WIs, reducing the amount of requ=
ired
logins to one per system. However, since we started using single sign-o=
last summer we don't have a user session which we control from Notes.

The new solution is a lot better than the old one in many ways. If a WI=
 is
left unattended the user will get a reminder every morning. For people =
with
full mailboxes the message will not disappear "out of sight, out of min=
d"
down among older messages. And of course if there is a mail hick-up it =
is
not a big problem since a new message will be sent the next day.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    "Pokraka, Michael"                                 =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    <michael.pokraka at kcc        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.=
MIT.EDU                                                                =
      =20
                    .com>                       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Ki=
lhavn)                                                                 =
      =20
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Re: SAP MA=
PI                                                                     =
      =20
                    Workflow                                           =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM                               =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    A.MIT.EDU>                                         =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    21.10.2002 18:20                                   =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Please respond to                                  =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    "SAP Workflow Users'                               =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Group"                                             =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20

Hi Kjetil,
You might want to have a look at RSWUWFML, it is for 4.5 upwards I thin=
k,
but has since been
backported to earlier versions as well. It's quite flexible, does a sim=
ilar
job as your send-mail job, but in addition will only send one mail per =
work
item.
There's a big OSS note describing it's usage, just search for the progr=
am
name.

Cheers
Michael