Workflow Team Organization

Lovdahl, Donna L. DLLovdah at SCJ.COM
Thu Oct 17 10:20:50 EDT 2002

Hi All,

Currently, I am the only workflow expert at our company and want to change
that. Right now, we only use it in relation to processing IDOCs. We are now
in the process of expanding that to include such things as material master
setup, A/P invoice processing, etc. My question relates to how different
organizations has handled setting up a 'workflow team'. Do you have one or
two experts to build and support the technical environment? Are they on a
technical team, such as ABAP? Are they part of the R/3 configuration team
for SD, MM, FI, etc? Do you have a separate team that handles the day to day
issues around how to process the items in the inbox, org structure changes,
etc? What have you found that works best in terms of an organizational
design and responsibilities for supporting workflow.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Donna Lovdahl