FIPP Events NOT Being Published.

Greg Soltys gregsoltys at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 17 09:15:59 EDT 2002

BlankHey everyone; this should be a quick one for all the guru's.

I have seen lots of posts regarding the suppression of FIPP events, but I
have just the opposite problem!

I am at a client site where we would like to execute an interface AFTER the
successfully completion/posting of a parked invoice (created initially by
tx'n f-63).

So, here is the dumb question of the day; I was always under the assumption
the events for FIPP, whether they be FIPP.CREATED, FIPP.POSTED, etc., would
ALWAYS be published in out-of-the-box SAP; by configuring the workflow
runtime system and turning on the event log... voila, they should appear.

Is this not correct?

OR, do we HAVE to create a workflow variant and assign it to the appropriate
company codes even just to the get the event(s) published?

Another assumption of mine was that this workflow variant to company code
assignment was to start SPECIFIC workflow tasks/definitions, NOT to actually
raise the FIPP events.

All other events appear in the event log for other objects, therefore I
would assume the WF runtime system is working properly with proper
authorizations.

Thanks to everyone in advance,

Cheers,
Greg
PS: Because the client had already configured the WF runtime system (via the
wizard) and had years ago played with parked document workflows in their
development environment (which is where I have this problem), I thought
maaaaayyybe they can inserted a 'suppression' routine somewhere in the
appropriate user exits/publish subscribe techniques as outlined in this
group and on various OSS notes, but I've looked and looked and there appears
to be nothing.